- 2010-2013: Technical Project Manager of the EU FP7 FLAVIA Project
(FLexible Architecture for Virtualizable future wireless Internet Access), about the definition
of the architectures for wireless networks coping with the emerging programmability requirements.
The key contribution of the project is the proposal of the so called Wireless MAC Processor,
a component able to execute different MAC protocols defined in terms of extended state machines.
Project web site: FLAVIA
- 2007-2009: Research Unit Coordinator, for the UniversitÓ di Palermo, in the Italian-Korean bilateral project INFINITY (Interoperable WiFi/WiMax
connectivity), founded by the Minister of Foreigner Affairs. The project, carried out with Prof. Sunghyun Choi della Seoul National University,
has been focused on architectural solutions for integrating 802.11 and 802.16 technologies, supporting QoS regardless of the underlying access
technology, experimentally evaluation new access schemes for mesh networks with directional and multiple antennas.
- 2007-2008: Scientific coordinator for the collaboration between the UniversitÓ di Palermo and Italtel, within the FAR project NAIN
(Nomadic Access in IP Networks). Theme of the collaboration has been the definition of testing models and performance evaluation solutions
for IMS networks (IP Multimedia Subsystem) based on a Model-Driven Architecture.
- 2006: Research Unit Coordinator, for the UniversitÓ di Palermo, in the Italian national project PRIN MIMOSA about: models and methodologies for WLAN measurements and traffic characterization.
- 2006: Research Unit Coordinator, for the UniversitÓ di Palermo, in the Italian-Greek bilateral project PITAGORA about: emerging WLAN architectures, mobility management in WLAN, programmable networks.
- 2005-2006: Research Collaborator in the Italian national project PRIN TWELVE about: 802.11 evolutions for QoS support and advanced services.
- 2003-2006: Research Collaborator in the Italian national project FIRB PRIMO about: reconfigurability, quality of service and mobility management in multi-access hybrid systems. In this context, research activity is focused on ad-hoc networks and specifically on QoS support and MAC extensions.
- 2001-2006: Research Collaborator in various projects at UniversitÓ di Palermo about: mobility management and load balancing in wireless packet networks.
- 2000-2002: Research Collaborator in the Italian national project MURST 40% RAMON about: reconfigurable access networks for mobile computing applications. During this work, she collaborated for the design and implementation of a software module able to abstract handover functionalities and to drive handover decisions among heterogeneous systems.
- 2001-2003: Research Collaborator in various projects at UniversitÓ di Palermo about: mobility management and load balancing in
wireless packet networks